What are the fun things to do in Vietnam!
Travel is all about the experience right?
So, we can all agree that the best part about booking a trip is figuring out what to do? Hell yeah it is!! You probably already know exactly what you want to do. You just need to figure out how to get in, where these things are and where to recharge the batteries for the next round.
This adventure is taking us out on the road until the end of this year. In that time we'll be looking for all the fun things to do in Vietnam. Mostly off the beaten track too.
We know where all the existing amazing spots are and we intend to check out a few but it not our main aim. We want to find those undiscovered spots ans show you the raw beauty of this country.
Once we find them, we look for interesting things to do and share them with you!
Fun things to do in Vietnam for US
Now bear in mind that we're in our 40's, so cliff jumping and drinking all night is not our thing at all. We can still rock a hostel stay and surprise the heck out of millennials, lol! But we prefer doing the things that remind us of how awesome this green rock we're living on is!
We're more into things like exploring caves, waterfalls, day trips and testing beach spots.
And it's confession time...
We're currently on the road and it's wet season! Not just 'oh yeah I heard about that' -wet season, but it's torrential here in Vietnam.
Our stay in Da Lat recently made us realize a few things. Like, while it would be awesome to see waterfalls, it's not so great in a downpour for various reasons. The worst of the wet season should be over by mid September and until then, we'll try as many things as we can.
And don't worry we have a few awesome things in the pipeline! Keep an eye on this page as well as our YouTube channel.
Know of any fun things to do in Vietnam that we MUST try? Know of any fun things to do in Vietnam that you're super curious about and want to know more about? Then hit us up in the comments. We love recommendations and making our Tribe part of the adventures, so let us know!
But that's enough talking, it's time to show you what we have been up to so far. Hope you enjoy and see you in the next one...
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Before pubs and clubs became a thing, bia hoi or beer corner Hanoi, was the original choice for locals looking for a cheap, tasty beer. Travelers suckling on bottles of Saigon or Bia Hanoi soon got wind of an even more affordable tipple and so began a tradition. Beer …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Dark Cave is whole different creature from your average tourist cave experience and we couldn’t wait to try it out! We thought the weather was going to spoil our fun again this time round. We woke up to a wet and cold day, doubting our decision but opted to …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Seen one cave, seen ‘em all? Not the case at Paradise Cave, Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park During our 2016 visit to Dong Hoi, we attempted to visit Dark Cave in the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. It wasn’t to be as bad weather flooded the cave, …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Thien Mu Pagoda, piece of a rich and complex Hue history The Thien Mu Pagoda is a local superstar in Hue. Every tour agency, local tour and Hue local will tell you it’s a must see. It has a breathtaking location on the bank of the Perfume …Read More »
- Whether your passing through or staying for a while, there is always something going on in this epic city. We’re here to tell you about five free things to do in Da Nang. No great introduction to any new destination has to start with a hefty price tag and Da …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Do one crazy thing in Da Lat! Crazy House! You might be wondering what would inspire a visit to this crazy looking place. First impressions of Crazy House will leave you confused, asking what on earth you’re looking at. But trust us when we say, there is reason for …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Why Elephant waterfall should be on your Da Lat to-do-list Among the many things to see and do in Da Lat is Elephant Waterfall. It’s one of three waterfalls in the area, the other two being Datanla and Prenn waterfalls. Delightful Da Lat According to our sources, if we …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Me Linh Coffee Garden the place to get your poop coffee on! Sounds odd we know. And if you don’t know what poop coffee is all about, then Google the heck out of it. Weasel Poop Coffee and Elephant Waterfall We’ll be honest and say we weren’t sure how …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Why it’s worth visiting the FITO Museum in Ho Chi Minh City We found the FITO Museum on our third visit to Ho Chi Minh City. We did wonder why it took us so long to discover this little gem? Our first visit was more about the war museums …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail A day at the beach with Coco Beachcamp Wondering what to do in when you’re in La Gi? This small seaside town located in the southern province of Binh Thuan, Vietnam is not a well-known travel destination. What makes it popular with the crowds are the few resorts scattered along …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Sightseeing in Tuy Hoa?? Where is it and is there much to see? This gorgeous seaside town bowled us over with stunning scenery and amazing people. We made the stop here to catch up on work and it was the perfect chill spot to get it done. …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail 100 Roof Cafe Da Lat is definitely something different We must have walked past this odd-looking place half a dozen times before curiosity got the better of us. We weren’t sure if 100 Roof Cafe was an actual bar or a coffee café or another type of café we …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail The Reunification Express and our two and a half hours on one of the top ten train rides in the world Trains, love them or hate them, they are still very much a part of our modern society. Your daily commute on the local option doesn’t inspire romanticism or …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Looking for something different to do in Hue? Then look no further than a Vespa Safari Tour! We’ll admit being motorcycle riders ourselves, we’re not too keen on being pillion passengers. Hence why we each have our own bikes haha. But on the Vespa Safari tour we didn’t even …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Got time in Hue but not sure what to do? Start with the Imperial Palace! One of our favorite things to do in Hue is visit the Imperial Palace. These ancient ruins convey a history of power, struggle, courage and culture. This famous UNESCO World Heritage site should be …Read More »
- FacebookPinTweetEmail Visiting the most famous lady at the Linh Ung Pagoda in Son Tra Is it worth trekking out to the Linh Ung Pagoda when you’re in Da Nang? Lets find out. How to do you find Lady Buddha? Situated on the Son Tra peninsula north of My Khe beach, …Read More »